Chocolate is one of the most versatile, multi-faceted subjects, and touches on so many different areas (e.g., gastronomy, culture, geography, history, environmental & wildlife conservation, chemistry, ethics, etc.).
Visitors to Mayan Monkey Mijas are offered free guided tours of the chocolate museum and factory, samples of delicious freshly made organic & ethically sourced chocolate and ice cream, as well as the opportunity to take part in a number of exciting chocolate-making workshops.
DUTIES OF THIS ROLE
- Greeting visitors, and adapting to their different nationalities, ages & interests
- Delivering an informative, factually accurate, interactive & entertaining tour
- Identifying the needs & desires of each visitor in order to offer a tailor-made customer experience
- Ensuring your customers leave with a bigger smile than the one they arrived with!
Minimum qualification: Without qualification
Experience: 1 year
Professional category: Employee
Residence: vacant province
Essential language: English - Bilingual
- You’re high energy, friendly and approachable with first class communication skills.
- You have an excellent spoken command of both English and Spanish.
- You have a passion for knowledge, and a flair for sharing it with others.
- You're committed to providing outstanding customer happiness.
- You're self-motivated, have an ability to think on your feet and are keen to succeed.
- You thrive in a dynamic work environment
- You are available to work weekends, late nights (July/August only), bank holidays & school holidays (Christmas/ Easter/ Half-Term) .
OTHER GREAT ATTRIBUTES OF YOURS:
- Passion for responsible business, and the desire to use your professional presence to create social and environmental change.
- Prior experience of working in a customer-facing/ sales role
- Passion for good quality food
- Fluency in other languages.
Interested? Sound like you?
We look forward to receiving a written introduction telling us why you'd like to join the team!!!
WHAT'S THE PACKAGE?
- Full-time contract (initially temporary, then graduating to permanent).
- Immediate start
- Highly competitive pay (combination of an hourly rate, sales commission & performance bonus).
- 30 days paid holiday per year (holiday period: November - April).
- Paid bank holidays
- Daily freebies & special team discounts on workshops and all products made by Mayan Monkey Mijas
- Great work environment, where you work side by side alongside a team of high-energy, friendly multicultural colleagues
- Intense job satisfaction ("the day you start to do what you love is the last day you work for a living!")